Nobody wants to be involved in an accident. Yet, accidents and personal injury are the harsh realities of life and the world we live in. Once we accept the truth that injuries do occur due to car accidents, crashes and all kinds of mishaps, we can move forward to more proactive measures.
Here is a brief list of what you may need to bring along, when meeting your Personal Injury Lawyer:
• Date and possible time when the accident occurred
• Place where the accident occurred
• Names of witnesses to the accident if there were any
• Ambulance service which came to rescue the victim
• Name of hospital to which victim was taken
• Name and address of people with whom you discussed the incident
• Name and address of insurance
You can always add what seems relevant to your case. In order to find out what is relevant or not, be very honest and upfront with your lawyer. All your communications regarding your case with your attorney are confidential and may be protected by Attorney-Client Privilege.
Documents — Her are some documents, you may bring along if you have them:
• Hospital bills
• Medical insurance
• Sick leave or permit
• Means of identification, such as staff ID card if it was a workplace incident
• Receipts of toiletries and consumables
• Receipts for repairs done either on damaged vehicles or furniture or property.
The First Meeting: Every lawyer is unique and has his/her own style of conducting business of lawyering. So the above is just a broad list, which could vary widely.
Questions to Ask a Lawyer- there are numerous questions to ask our prospective lawyer which include but are not limited to:
• How long have they been practicing?
• Have they dealt with similar cases? If yes, could you speak to some of their past clients?
• How many personal injury cases have they handled?
• What is his or her professional opinion about the success of your case?
Get a Free Consultation- it never hurts to ask for a free consultation. At least you will know your rights and duties. And don't wait too long to consult with a Competent, Credible and Experienced Lawyer. Because anything you say or do after an injury could be held against you in a court of law. Insurance Companies are highly experienced in finding ways to delay, defend or deny your claims.
In order to provide you with Highly Competent, Credible and Diligent Lawyers for all your legal needs, we've established www.ChosenLawyers.com Your Communication Platform for Law and Justice, Anytime, Anywhere!